Information for Family and Guests
We hope you are able to join your graduate as they celebrate this momentous occasion in their academic career. Below you will find some information and resources to help you get the most out of this very special occasion.
Security & Commencement Conduct
To enhance public safety, please observe the following restrictions for all commencement activities on the Chapman University Campus. Patrons will not be allowed to bring the following items inside the event venue. These policies are subject to change without notice.
• No food or drinks are allowed in the Commencement venues
• No balloons
• No large bags, backpacks, or large purses
• No firearms, knives, explosives or other weapons
• No coolers or other containers except in cases of medical
need, as certified by a physician
• No artificial noisemakers, air horns or megaphones may
• No large signs, flags, poles, banners, or laser pointers
• No pets allowed, except trained service animals
• All Commencement venues have the authority to prohibit any
items deemed a security risk.
• Inspections of small receptacles (bags) might be required as
you enter event venues
Seating & Tickets
Seating is on a first come, first served basis. Entry gates to Wilson Field open 30 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
The University Commencement Ceremony: Guest tickets will be required. Students can reserve their guest tickets through Chapman Ticketing beginning on March 1.
Guests Needing Accommodations
To request an accommodation, or for inquiries about accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 714-997-6740.
Alternate Viewing Locations
Additionally, links to the live webcasts will be published on the Chapman Commencement website during commencement week so that ceremonies may be viewed by family and friends around the globe.
Getting to Campus
View Interactive Campus Map >>
View Commencement Map >>
Please note that there is no parking located at One University Drive, Orange CA. Please use the flagged parking structures in the interactive campus map linked above.
Additionally, for the use of any ride sharing apps. please use the following addresses for drop off locations.
Schmid Gate: 423 North Glassell Street, Orange, CA 92866
McCardle Gate: 223 East Walnut Avenue, Orange, CA 92867
Keck Center Entrance: 398 North Center Street, Orange, CA 92866